Saturday, August 22, 2026

More Fish Stories



 
I finally got to wear my Frogg’s Toggs to fish in Clearwater Creek near Delta Junction.  I like the waders, fishing pole, and bear spray ensemble.   We didn’t catch a thing that day, though we both had a couple that “got away.”

So peaceful!

In my last two posts I mentioned that we were near the north and south ends of the Trans Alaska Pipeline   This week we camped near it again at Quartz Lake Campground   Here it is going underground:

And here it has its own suspension bridge over the Tanana River

 


Our campsite at Quartz Lake had a lot of good features.


 Close to the bathrooms, nice fire ring, not too many bugs and a nice flat spot for the tent

We rented a little boat to fish from at the lake, and I caught my first rainbow trout!  We turned that into dinner over the campfire.   Yummmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Fish Stories

  I finally got to wear my Frogg’s Toggs to fish in Clearwater Creek near Delta Junction.  I like the waders, fishing pole, and bear spray e...