Thursday, September 17, 2020

Retirement Day 1

 Earlier this week I decided to change my alarm sound to make getting up less jarring.  I changed from some annoying Ding-ding, Ding-ding sound to what I thought would be a soothing melody from an album of Asian Meditation Music.

Wrong!

My phone doesn't really let me control the alarm sound volume, so it was like a blaring tune with crickets screaming in my ear on Wednesday morning.


Wait, not that kind of cricket!  Here we go:


That's the ticket...er cricket.

Wednesday evening Mr. Main Squeeze and I were watching the Cubs play.  I mentioned I needed to change my alarm sound again to something that wouldn't be so...alarming.  I decided to try a waterfall sound.  I changed the alarm, and then 5 minutes later I realized I don't need an alarm!


Of course I will need one some days.  But the idea I can sleep in if the dog, the cat, and the neighbor with a car with no muffler who goes to work at 630 a.m. will let me was a bit of a shock.  But a pleasant shock, not like crickets screaming in my ear at all.

I went to bed happy in the knowledge that I could try to sleep in and that the Cubs won in the bottom of the 10th!  

Cricket images courtesy of PDPICS.com and Publicdomainfiles.com


4 comments:

  1. On my off days I have an alarm setting for the very last possible time I might need to possibly consider arising, just a suggestion sort of buzzy beep with the option to snooze. Congratulations on retiring your alarm!

    ReplyDelete

"Got Bliss" Hits the Road!

  I am now semi-retired (working afternoons most days but with the option for generous time off!) and about to become fully retired in a few...