Monday, August 17, 2026

The Fat Mermaid




Last week we travelled to Valdez Alaska which just happens to be at the other end of the Trans Alaskan Pipeline from the previous week’s trip to Prudhoe Bay

I forgot to post this interesting photo of 2 wind turbines at work in the Prudhoe Bay oil fields :



The Worthington Glacier a bit north of Valdez

We had a great meal at the Fat Mermaid, featuring lots of cod, rockfish and smoked salmon!   Then Russ fished for salmon at Allison Point and trout at Blueberry Lake   It was a happy fishy trip   

I think Valdez is one of the most beautiful places I’ve been   The mountains, ocean, and waterfalls add up to the total package.





After we got back we went blueberry picking and this happened:


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Fat Mermaid

Last week we travelled to Valdez Alaska which just happens to be at the other end of the Trans Alaskan Pipeline from the previous week’s tri...