Friday, May 1, 2026

Deja Vu All Over Again




Today we arrived in Dawson Creek, British Columbia where the Alaska Highway begins.  We are staying at the Mile 0 campground on the first day they have been open this season. That photo is from last years trip   But I’m wearing the same shirt today so I think we can let this one slide.

Until today our route to this point is completely different than last year   So we saw some different things:   The Canadian Rockies from a great distance (instead of up close.)   We have seen huge flocks of migrating snow geese and MAYBE some Ross’s Geese which I have never seen before. We saw an Elk Farm. We saw a herd of bison at the Elk Island National Park.  And we drove through Beaverlodge, Alberta.




That sure is one gigantic and angry-looking Beaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment

66 degrees 33 minutes

 66 degrees and 33 minutes is the latitude of the Arctic circle.  We crossed it last week when we drove the amazing Dalton Highway      The ...